Workers’ Compensation Claim Kit – Montana

Who will handle your claims?
Montana claims are handled by a Third Party Administrator:

Broadspire, a Crawford company
PO Box 3007
Great Falls, MT  59405

Phone:  208-375-5021
Fax:  859-550-2731

Billing Address:
PO Box 14348
Lexington, KY  40512-4348

How to Report Workers’ Compensation Claims?
Although Broadspire handles our Montana claims, the claims should be reported to Crum & Forster located via:

Fax: 1-877-622-6218
Phone: 1-800-690-5520
(7 day/24 hour toll free reporting line for all states)

In the event of a serious or fatal injury, notify the local claim office immediately by telephone.
Phone: 888-890-1500
Janet Rourke, Executive Specialist

What forms does the employer need to be aware of?

Montana First Report of Injury:
If you report the claim via the Internet or by telephone, you do not need to fill out this form. If you report the claim via fax, complete this form, and fax it to Crum & Forster at the fax number provided above.

Montana FROI instructions -09


What is the Waiting Period for Lost Wages in Montana?
The waiting period is 4 days or 32 hours, whichever is less.

What is the Choice of Physician Rules in Montana?
The employee chooses the treating physician.

Important Websites:

Montana WC Claims Assistance:

Montana WC Forms: