Workers’ Compensation Claim Kit – Idaho

Who will handle your claims?

Idaho claims are handled by a Third Party Administrator:

Broadspire, a Crawford Company
8850 W Emerald, Ste 134
Boise, ID  83704

Phone:  208-375-5021
Toll-Free:  800-321-9515
Fax:  859-550-2731

Billing Address:
PO Box 14348
Lexington, KY  40512-4348

The state of Idaho requires that the adjusters handling Idaho claims be located in the state of Idaho.

How to Report Workers’ Compensation Claims?
Although Broadspire handles our Idaho claims, the claims should be reported to Crum & Forster located via:

Fax: 1-877-622-6218
Phone: 1-800-690-5520
(7 day/24 hour toll free reporting line for all states)

In the event of a serious or fatal injury, notify the local claim office immediately by telephone.
Phone: 888-890-1500
Janet Rourke, Executive Specialist

What forms does the employer need to be aware of?

First Report of Injury or Illness:

Idaho-FROI 8.13

First Report of Injury or Illness / Instructions:

Idaho-FROI Instruction 8.13

What is the Waiting Period for Lost Wages in Idaho?
The waiting period is 5 days. If the employee is off for more than 2 weeks, the first 5 days are paid retroactively.

What is the Choice of Physician Rules in Idaho?
The employer/insurer can designate a particular provider or provider network for its injured workers (must be disclosed at time of hire and applied uniformly). However, when no provider is designated, the employee chooses the provider.

Important Websites:

Idaho Industrial Commission:

Idaho WC Forms:

Multi-State Information: