Workers’ Compensation CLAIM KIT – Alaska

Who will handle your claims?

Alaska claims are handled by a Third Party Administrator

Broadspire, a Crawford Company
1407 116th Ave. N.E.
Suite 222
Bellevue, WA 98004

Phone (425)455-4600
Fax 859-550-2731

Billing Address:
P.O. Box 14645
Lexington, KY  40512

How to Report Workers’ Compensation Claims?
Although Broadspire handles our Alaska claims, the claims should be reported to the Dallas office located at:

2400 Lakeside Boulevard
Suite 200
Richardson, TX 75082

Phone (800)527-5331
Mike Hicks, Regional Director

To report e-mail:                                  [email protected]
To report via fax:                                 1-877-622-6218
To report claims via telephone:       1-800-690-5520

(7 day/24 hour toll free reporting line for all states)

  • In the event of a serious or fatal injury, notify the local claim office immediately by telephone.

What forms does the employer need to be aware of?

Alaska W/C Forms –

Report of Occupational Injury or Illness:
If you report the claim via the Internet or by telephone, you do not need to fill out this form. If you report the claim via fax, complete this form, and fax it to Crum & Forster at the fax number provided above.

AK FROI-2.17

What is the Waiting Period for Lost Wages in Alaska?
The waiting period is 3 days. If the employee is off for more than 4 weeks, the first 3 days are paid retroactively.

What is the Choice of Physician Rules in Alaska?
The employee chooses the treating provider.

Important Websites:

Alaska Department of Labor – Division of W/C-

Alaska W/C Forms –

Multi State-